Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the XVI International Fair of Traditional Crafts from September 6th
2018 at the Ethnographic Open Air Museum “Etar", Gabrovo, Bulgaria.
For the first time the fair was held in 1990. The event aims to restore a fair from the recent past in a museum environment with an emphasis on handicrafts. Since 2003 the fair has been held with international participation. This provides an ample opportunity to draw a parallel between the world and Bulgaria's cultural heritage.
The International Fair of Traditional Crafts at “Etar" is unique for being the only fair based on a museum concept with strict adherence to tradition. The forum's purpose is to inform and educate, as well as to promote the mission of preserving the cultural heritage. During the days of the fair local and foreign craftsmen get together, exchange know-how and make contacts. Meanwhile the event affords an opportunity for visitors to experience traditions in a unique manner.
The programme of the 16th International Fair of Traditional Crafts includes:
- International Fair of Traditional Crafts, 6–9 September
- Craftsmen's Competition in Stonemasonry, 5–8 September
- Exhibition Bazaar “Icon Painting", 6–30 September
- Exhibition Bazaar “Art Zone", 6–9 September
- Exhibition “Art – a bridge between cultures". Traditional crafts from Iran, 7–30 September
- Exhibition “Palestine – the Holy Land", 7–30 September
- Re-enactments and demonstrations of home occupations, 6–9 September
- Bazaar of natural products, 6–9 September
- Activities for children, 6–9 September
- Folklore Programme, 6–9 September