It is my pleasure to invite you to the XVII International Fair of Traditional Crafts, which will take place in September, 6th- 8th, 2019 at the Ethnographic Open Air Museum "Etar", Gabrovo, Bulgaria.
For the first time the fair was held in 1990. The event aims to restore a fair from the recent past in a museum environment with an emphasis on handicrafts. Since 2003 the fair has been held with international participation.
The International Fair of Traditional Crafts at "Etar" is unique for being the only fair in Bulgaria, organized based on a museum concept with strict adherence to traditions. The forum's mission is to educate and to train, as well as to promote and to preserve the cultural heritage.
During the days of the fair local and foreign craftsmen get together, exchange experience and make new contacts, while the visitors get the opportunity to experience the traditions in a unique and exceptionally inspiring way. Besides purchasing hand-made articles from the craftsmen, they can observe the different stages of their work, and also try their skills.
The programme of the 17th International Fair of Traditional Crafts includes:
- International Exhibition Bazaar
- International Craftsmen's Competition in Pottery
- Competition for Youths
- Alleyway of Tastes with tastings and bazaar
- Exhibition Bazaar "Stone-cutting"
- Exhibition "The master and the form"
- Ethnographic exhibition of photographs from Hungary "Hollókő, the living village"
- interactive exhibition "In dialogue with the past"
- Activities for children
- Folklore Programme